Dear Valued Customers,
In order to best manage exposure to you and your employees during the COVID-19 pandemic, we are implementing some new protocols for receiving and processing your orders to safely and rapidly supply you with the products you need to keep your job sites running.
New Ordering Protocols
Effective: December 29th, 2020
- Our hours of operations remain Monday to Friday 7:00am – 4:00pm (Closed Saturday and Sunday)
- Our Showroom is closed. Our yard and sales desk remain closed to the public.
- All customers will be required to call in their order by telephone (613.728.2693) or e-mail: email@example.com Please allow some time to put your order together.
- All customers will remain in their vehicles and we will load your order onto your vehicle or place it beside.
- Upon arrival call the sales desk (613.728.2693) and we will give you the necessary information to receive your order.
- Payment options: On Account, Debit, Visa, Mastercard. Cash is discouraged.
- Orders for delivery will be processed as normal. When your order is delivered, a photo of the delivered products on site will constitute a signature.
Supply Chain Update
I would also like to take a moment to address shortages and manufacturing issues of products in the North American construction industry. There are many contributing factors to this current situation including COVID outbreaks in manufacturing facilities, labour shortages and a global shortage of shipping containers. This creates the perfect storm of heightened demand and hampered supply that the construction industry must navigate through.
Throughout the COVID pandemic, the Merkley Supply sales force has been proactive, contacting our customers of the looming possibility of shortages and price increases as we learn of them. As a supplier we have been working tirelessly to lead our customers through these difficult times but we need your help. Please inform your customers and colleagues of the reality we face; we all need to remain proactive to keep job sites running efficiently.
- Meridian Brick – Meridian brick has suspended the fall run of all Ontario and Quebec size brick and will focus on Max size brick. Merkley Supply has secured and continues to source as much Ontario and Quebec size brick as we can for our customers.
- Arriscraft – Arriscraft has extended lead times, they can now be 6 to 12 weeks on all new orders and has suspended production on certain products including Citadel 3” face height, all custom colour products and more. Please confirm your needs with our sales reps so that we may meet them.
- Roxul – Rockwool is at 200+ days of lead time on new orders.
COVID has created a truly unprecedented situation, without proper direction and sufficient notice Merkley Supply may not be able to deliver the level of comprehensive customer service you all have come to expect. Please be patient with our staff, I can assure you they are making every effort to meet your needs by maneuvering through the challenges that face us. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your sales representatives at 613-728-2693.
Merkley is committed to keeping the construction industry going strong throughout this crisis.
Last updated: August 24, 2021